2SLGBTQIA+ Youth Centre
2SLGBTQIA+ Youth Centre
33 Leacock Drive
Kanata, ON K2K 2B9
February 13, 2023
Centre33 is a new organization dedicated to the needs of 2SLGBTQIA+ youth, located in Kanata (Ottawa). Centre33 will be an accessible, affirming and inclusive safe space that fosters healthy understandings of self, embracing the diversity of an individual’s sexual orientation, gender expression and gender identity while nurturing the development of friendships and support networks.
Centre33 Advisory Board
Our Advisory Board puts the needs of 2SLGBTQIA+ youth at the forefront of our actions and commitments. We provide Centre33 with advice, direction and input on strategic plans, partnership initiatives and other high-level operations that advance Centre33’s work towards achieving our vision, mission and strategic goals.
We are warriors by speaking to and acting on issues that impact or are important to 2SLGBTQIA+ youth in our community. We rely on a variety of perspectives and lived experiences to ensure our policies, approaches, initiatives and other work are responsive to the evolving themes and needs of 2SLGBTQIA+ youth.
Our Advisory Board works to protect the interests of all stakeholders and ensure that expected standards of good governance, accountability and transparency are met.
Advisory Board Responsibilities
The purpose of the Advisory Board includes:
- Advising on Centre33 strategic priorities, directions, programming and activities
- Contributing to discussions to advance the relevance and impact of Centre33’s work
- Reviewing and advising on Centre33 operating plans, budgets, financial statements and governance policies
- Ensuring accountabilities are being fully addressed through robust policies and procedures like those addressing safeguarding youth, conflict of interest, privacy, etc.
- Reviewing performance reports
- Providing input into Centre33 Director’s priorities and performance reviews
Advisory Board Qualifications
- 2SLGBTQIA+ lived experiences
- Developing and implementing plans and strategies
- Operations, finance and management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Honesty, integrity and high ethical standards
- Specialized expertise
- Personal suitability
- Duty of knowledge, care and diligence
Advisory Board Term
3 Years with re-election potential of one additional 3-year term, (maximum 6-year term)
The Advisory Board meets four times a year (quarterly), often in person.
There is no provided renumeration.
If you have the energy, passion and interest in helping build Centre33 and feel you are suited to guide the management and stewardship of Centre33, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, share with us your lived experiences, interest and qualifications.