Get Your Library Ready for Winter!
KUC Book Fair can help you try something new!
KUC Book Fair has a new online auction from December 1 – 16, 2023. Bidding closes at 9 p.m. December 16. Please note Auction Rules will follow the item description. Good luck to all our bidders????
Each year the Scotiabank Giller Prize is awarded to one Canadian author who is recognized for excellence in literature. This years’ Scotiabank Giller Prize winner was announced November 13th and KUC Book Fair has again, received a generous donation of a copy of each of the finalist books.
Each book in the KUC book fair auction is a brand new copy.
DETAILS: Books as pictured below.
- Sarah Bernstein for her novel Study For Obedience, published by Knopf Canada
- Eleanor Catton for her novel Birnam Wood, published by McClelland & Stewart
- Kevin Chong for his novel The Double Life of Benson Yu, published by Simon & Schuster
- Dionne Irving for her short story collection, The Islands: Stories, published by Catapult
- CS Richardson for his novel All The Colour in the World, published by Knopf Canada
VALUE: Each book retails for $29.95 or $36.95 + HST
BIDDING STARTS: $5.00 for each book
DONOR: Scotiabank Giller Prize
PLACING YOUR BID: Bids for each book fair item can be made on KUC Book Fair 32 Auctions page https://www.32auctions.com/ScotiabankGiller2023 only. Bidding starts December 1 and ends December 16, 2023, 9 P.M. EST.
You will need to login to place a bid. No payments will be required until the auction is closed and winners have been contacted.
Note: The auction website is hosted by a third party. We cannot control advertising associated with the website. KUC will never ask for your credit card information in order to participate.
AUCTION RULES & POLICES
- Manager reserves the right to make the final decision should a dispute occur on the last day of the auction.
- Bids are to be placed in minimum increments of $1.00. There is no maximum that you may bid.
- All sales are final, and items may not be returned. However, the KUC book fair welcomes donations ????
- Auction winner will be notified by private message shortly after the auction closes.
- Winners will need to confirm payment within 48 hours of notification of winning the auction item. If we do not hear from you, the item will be offered to the next person with the highest bid. This time frame will NOT be extended for any reason.
- Tax receipts will be available for any purchases over $20.00.
A big thanks to Scotiabank Giller Prize for the very generous donation.